Thursday, September 10, 2015

SSS is underway!

Oh My Goodness! It's been 2 years since I was here!

Anyways!  Things have been normally crazy in all that time.

Super Sock Scarefest is in full swing over on Ravelry.  We don't officially start until October 1st since Yarn Yenta is out of the country at the moment.  We are doing September Scare to keep us occupied until then.  I am providing pattern pieces, once a week through September, you put the pieces together the way you want and add your favorite heels and toes and cast ons or bind offs.  There is a cuff down version and a toe up version.  So far we have bats, a spider and millipedes.....yucky, creepy crawly stuff.  Post every finished pair of socks, containing at least 2 pattern pieces I provided, in the SepScare FO thread and in mid October I will draw one winner by either random number generator or I will put all of the post numbers in a hat and let my daughters draw a winner.  I'm not sure I completely trust the Random Number Generators, but the jury is still out on that one.

I have been working on designs for SSS's September Scare.  I have 2 shawls in the design process along with a couple of pairs of socks. I just sent a shawl pattern out to a couple of people for testing.  That is a very new thing for me and it is very exciting!  If anyone wants to test knit a 2 skein fingering weight shawl, shoot me a comment here or a pm on Ravelry where I am SapphireRuby.  I have been spinning a little here and there.  I've also caught the dye bug but at the moment I don't have anything to dye. LOL  I do think about it A.L.O.T..  I also have my normal pile of WIPs. Some of those babies have been waiting a couple of years. yikes! Oh well, they'll be there tomorrow.

I also really want to get out my sewing machine and make up some Halloween bags out of this really cool Owl fabric I purchased over the summer.  Ooh.....I have coffee cup fabric too and song birds and roosters and......  Needless to say I have lots I want to do. :)

The kids went back to school on Tuesday so I am trying to find myself a routine in the way things need to be done so I can try to open up more space for the things I want to do.  Is anyone else thinking Halloween and Christmas are right around the corner and there is so much to do.  I still have to start hauling wood before it gets to cold.  I don't even want to think about snow flying yet.

Well I am off to do the dishes.  I hope this finds all of you well and in good spirits.
Knit lots, spin some more and laugh often!

Shannen
maybe it won't be another 2 years.......




No comments:

Post a Comment